Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I like wine.

A day that ends with a glass of wine is fun. A day that ends with a box of wine delivered to your front door is awesome.  A box containing two bottles of wine is delivered to us once a month from wine.com. My cousin Angela’s wedding gift to Brent and me was a monthly subscription to their wines of the month club. Her thoughtfulness has become one of our most favorite presents! On Friday afternoon I was delighted to find two “wines of the world,” one red and one white, waiting for me when I came home. Both are safely stowed away in my wine fridge (another favorite gift, this one from my sweet husband), waiting to be uncorked during an upcoming special occasion.

If you’re looking for a wine-filled end to your day and you haven’t been blessed with a door-to-door delivery, Square Deal

Square Deal Wine Company is my favorite neighborhood wine shop.  They sell “wines made for slurping,” collected from small vineyards in Oregon, the US and around the world. Average bottle price is between 15 and 20 bucks, but the real deal is their monthly 6 for $66 special. November’s collection is all Spanish and the bottle that I’ve already consumed was very tasty. 

I like visiting the shop. Mostly what I know about wine is that I like to drink it, so I love that I can walk in and tell Steves Cheesethe sommelier what we’re having for dinner and walk out with the perfect bottle. They offer tastings on most weekend days AND Steve’s Cheese is located within the shop. Sign up for their newsletter to find out about the monthly wine special and their events. Earlier this year we spent an afternoon tasting and then watched Steve cut an 80 lb. weel of parmesan. Very fun.

Wherever it comes from, I hope you’re drinking wine and enjoying life. If you have a wine recommendation, please share. I’m always looking for new wine adventures. Wine is fun.

[Via http://myllisa.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment