Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fr-fr-fr-eeezzzing...

That was me this morning when I headed out for a run at 8:30 a.m. Definitely freezing. It wasn’t warm. It wasn’t chilly. No – it was cold.

Have you ever had a run where you were colder at the end of it than the beginning?!! Well, it is possible people. I lived it. I had the spandex on, the mittens, the neck-warmer, even a head-warmer for the ears…and it was above 0 degrees celsius too. I knew it would be chilly out, but c’mon – one cannot escape the horrors of what we refer to as wind chill.

Oh, my aching fingers. It took me about 10 minutes to get my key in the lock of my apartment door…and then another 10 to be able to turn it…yeah, fun stuff.

Anyways, I was amazed I even went outside! Who knew – totally last-minute decision. I had to leave for Yoga again this morning and just figured I’d go to the gym, maybe a short treadmill ‘jog’ or possibly get on the spin bike. I figured after running the last few days, a run today would be disastrous.

But, last minute, I thought ‘Screw it – I’ll go out in the fresh air since I’ll be inside most of the day…if my legs are tired, I’ll go slow and just do what I can…’

So, I ended up with:

  •  8.12 miles in 1:17:27
  • ~ 9:30 min/mile pace
  • 710 cals

I was hoping to get to a round number – like 1: 20 …or even double mileage (i.e 10 miles) since today would probably be my ‘long run’…but when my fingers and toes were throbbing…well, 3 more minutes seemed rather arbitrary. Oops. Not to mention, heck 8 miles IS long for me – so there, it is what it is. I’m just doing what I can right now. Focus. Focus.

Yoga Teacher Training was long and tiring – alot of Standing Postures today. Well, all standing postures really. But the time did go quicker than the first weekend. Still really conflicted about it all. I do enjoy it though. Actually, you know what I realized? That if I wasn’t actually working, as in my full-time job, y’know the one I’m not happy with…well, if I wasn’t, I would loveeee this training so much more!

I think I struggle to really commit to it and focus on it because I have to work full-time throughout the week and still concentrate and focus there…and it ‘brings me down’ as well because I’m not particularly happy.

Ugh.

Came home and had this right away – for no good reason at all of course.

Caramilk Chocolate Bar & Red Wine

No comment about the chocolate obsession – it’s ridiculous, and I’m positive noone wants to hear me whine about it.

Dinner and snacks were also never-ending and verrrrry filling (I am plopped on the couch flipping the channel back and forth between “Project Runway” and “Family Guy” re-runs here, unable to roll over due to the stomach distension…).

I will highlight the beautiful Sweeeeeet Potatoes I had though – have I mentioned that I’ve never really ate these before?? I  just sauteed/fried them up in the skillet on the stove for a few minutes with veggies and tofu and a pita later…

Sweet Potatoe "Fries"

 

Alright – not sure if it’s the wine or the excess sugar but my eyes are a-fluttering right now. Time to try to get some sleep…while watching Family Guy Have noooo idea what the plan is for working out tommorow. I think I’ve ran every day since last Sunday…hmmm. I think I’m going to be a bit sore from yoga too. Whatever – I honestly don’t even trust the signals my body give me anymore! It keeps surprising me somehow. Weird.

Sending out a huge THANKS and LOVE to all of you who are following me through this time of my life and take the time to read my boring posts and comment – I absolutely adore it and appreciate it beyond words!! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment