Sunday, November 29, 2009

Athens

Sitting here watching UGA/Tech on the TV. I felt that having a computer in front of me was perfectly acceptable considering the season thus far. This way, if I get angry, I won’t throw anything. :)

Brennan and I had our year Anniversary date today. We headed to Athens around 12:00 and arrived about an hour later. We parked at the IM fields and headed out for the run I planned. Starting from the IM fields parking lot we hit River Rd, East Campus Rd, Baldwin towards Broad with the detour onto North Campus. We took that around Hardy field, down to the Fine Arts building to the new (huge) Tate Center. Despite the pain in my legs from the 1/2, we headed up the stairs (a lot of them) in between Chemistry and Geography towards the Pharmacy/Forestry b Stegman uildings. Hung a right towards Stegman and swung back towards the residential area near Foley Field before a loop around the IM fields to close the run. My legs hated me. Nevertheless, the weather was idyllic and I think the route proved to be enjoyable as well. With that, they have built a new parking deck at the IM fields.

 

Flag football teams will benefit from this. Although, the lack of parking encouraged carpooling.

After the run we made a trip over to Jittery Joe’s for the aforementioned coffee stop.

We had no trouble finding a few to purchase. (The photo is large for coffee can detail.)

 

Grabbed a picture of the Five and Ten sign and outdoor decor before we left Jittery Joe’s.

Our dinner at Five and Ten was exceptional. First, let me state that I am no wine connoisseur and will not offend anyone by trying to describe the wine in too much depth. With that, we split a bottle of French red wine from the Cotes du Rhone region. We started with an appetizer of their tuna tartare. I had their collard greens risotto while Brennan had catfish with asparagus. Dessert was a sharing of an amazing cheesecake with green tomato marmalade topper and basil whip cream, as well as a banana chocolate mousse. We took a short walk around 5 points and headed home in time to sit down for the remainder of the UGA/Tech game. Time to finish watching!

 

[Via http://cloudsandtherain.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment