Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday. Day of Rest?

Happy Friday!

Well I had a great day bonding with my co-workers. We spent the day at a lodge outside Seattle discussing team and goals. It was a productive meeting, there were tears (happy ones) and lots of laughs. The location was beautiful. I am constantly reminded how lucky  I am to live in such a gorgeous part of the world. The only downer is when it rains for days at a time. It was craaaazy raining this morning.. but not for long. You can see by the photo that its still pretty misty by the falls, but atleast there wasn’t a downpour!

Lunch was a simple spread with potato salad, sandwich fixins, an herb salad, and these really tasty vegetable chips. Apparently Terra chips are made of a variety of root vegetables: sweet potato, parsnip, yuca; and have 3 grams of fiber per serving. Not a bad substitute for your all-American potato chips.

Snoqualmie Ridge merlot was a good way to end our retreat. We headed up to the bar for cocktail hour and enjoyed the breathtaking view of the falls. And after an hour drive home I’m ready to call it a night. I decided to give myself the night off from running. Nothing sounds better than a hot bowl of oatmeal, an oversized sweatshirt, and a TV movie. Time to reeeelax!! And it looks like The Notebook is on. Perfect!

Tomorrow is a new day. Forecast is for 46 F degrees and cloudy. I can do cloudy. My favorite run is from home down the Seattle waterfront on the pier and back. Its 10 miles if I don’t cut corners. Maybe I’ll pack my camera along with me I hope everyone enjoys their Friday night!

Buona notte..

No comments:

Post a Comment