Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sybarit Board Game!

After complaining about how behind I’ve felt on everything…I did very little yesterday. I blame my mom, she brought home a board game called Sybarit.

New word for me! Sybarit apparently means someone who is all for the finer things in life. The game has 2400 trivia questions that refer to food, drink, dining, and etiquette.

Players draw from a special deck of cards that have similar face and number cards to regular playing cards but the suits correspond to Food, etiquette, Drink and a Question Mark which has random and interesting facts. Pulling one of these cards tells you what category your question comes to, and the number or face on the card corresponds to points. I watch a LOT of food network and my mom and I are pretty well versed in random bits of information, but this game was tough! The questions were difficult but also yielded some really interesting facts. I recommend it even though it was hard. It’s a good adult party game to serve up with your cocktails and in the end despite all of my negative points…I won! :) Which thistle can be eaten and enjoyed with butter?

[Via http://megnificentmade.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment