Thursday, December 3, 2009

Floriana - The Undiscovered Gay Italian Destination

I must admit, I probably never would have set foot in Floriana if Mat, my friend Lori’s boyfriend, didn’t work there. I don’t exactly think of 17th St. as a culinary destination, and sadly, because it is mostly a gay neighborhood, I figure I may as well avoid it since I won’t have any luck meeting someone. :-) But Lori insisted that Floriana’s food is amazing, particularly the homemade pasta. So finally, after all this time, we went there tonight – on half-price wine night, no less! We enjoyed a delicious Pinot Noir from Oregon from Next (King Estate), with my eggplant parmesan and Lori’s pumpkin soup and penne with meatballs. I don’t know if I have time to go back, but I would love to!!

[Via http://woowinegirl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment