Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hello darlings,

my, it is fabulous to be back. I wish I could say my absence was due to a long and very warm winter vacation in the ever-so magnificent Hawaiian Islands, but alas, I cannot tell a lie! I was, quite frankly, busy with the ever so mundane mechanics of the working class. I recently got a job supervising (the front lobby) and found out how utterly exciting it was to answer calls and draw cats all day long on my fancy yellow legal pad. It is actually quite exciting, because I get to have a big lobby all to my lonely self for hours on end to do as I please.

However, I am back to catalog my next exciting journey. I have recently accepted a request from my friend (and her cousin) to make two dresses for their school’s end-of-the-year banquet. This banquet is in March, so I have about three months to finish and tailor two fancy dresses. The first dress is a one shoulder-ed tulle-layering whimsical pouf of a piece in purple and gold, complete with deco flowers and the second is a sexy gold floor length gown a la Gisele Bundchen (you know, that kind.) These dresses aren’t the first orders that I’ve taken on, but as always, I am excited and nervous. I won’t hope that they turn out well because let’s face it– life is what you make it. (What’s hope got to do with it?)

So cheers mes jolies, I raise my glass of red wine for you all in hopes that you had a wonderful holiday, no matter what you celebrate and no matter where you are. As always, stay fabulous.

Yours truly,

Lili Darling

[Via http://crayonsaquarellables.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment