Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More Malbec

*Disclaimer: I received this wine as a sample from Bin Ends Wine in order to participate in the Wines of Argentina Twitter Taste Live.

Lots and lots and lots of Malbec.  Malbec everywhere! I suppose it is one of Argentina’s signature grapes, so it makes sense as to why we tasted so many over the course of the Wines of Argentina Twitter Taste Lives.  More Malbec than I’ve ever tasted though!  On the 3rd night of the TTL series, we tried the 2006 Alfa Crux O. Fournier Malbec.  It had a real cork closure, clocked in at 14.5% alcohol by volume, and retails for around $37.

On the nose of the Alfa Crux I found blackberry, blueberry, plum, black cherry, spice, cinnamon, and smoke.  My notes say “I want to go swimming in this juicy black fruit.”  (Wondering how late into the evening I was typing up those notes….!)  In the mouth I got the same black fruits as the nose, some essence of a blueberry/blackberry pie/crumble, spice, and a little earth. Overall, I really liked this one, especially the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment