Thursday, October 15, 2009

3 blind moose chardonnay 2007

www.3blindmoose.com

3 Blind  Moose Chardonnay – 2007 Central Coast

So I am finally reviewing a white wine. It is quite rare as I do love the reds.  I acquired this bottle of 3 Blind Moose Chardonnay when my friend stayed at my apartment and left it in the fridge.  I didn’t know much about it, just that it was cold, from central coast california, and ready to drink.

I didn’t have any expectations and I wasn’t really sure how I felt about chardonnay in general. I just needed a fix on a weds night to have during “Top Chef”.  I also had to drink this wine out of champagne glasses because all of my others were dirty.  All of that being said, I LOVED it.  It was very clean and crisp with citrus and apple flavors pouring out of the bottle.  I like that it was sweet, but not too sweet.  It had a subtle bite and the end and a clean finish.

I looked it up online today at www.3blindmoose.com and discovered that it also has a cheap price point at around $8 dollars a bottle.  I have been on a few winery websites and I have to note that this is one of the most intriguing and interactive sites.  It plays on the fun vibrant colors and is not the slightest bit snooty when describing the wine and vineyards.  It appears to be a very consistent branding job and I look forward to playing around the site some more (They have food pairings and recipes as well).  So kudos to the 3 blind moose marketing folk!

I will purchase this wine again and I recommend trying it out.  I think the flavor and quality is surprising for the price.

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment