Sunday, October 11, 2009

Barbie exhibition + Hinz

Happy Sunday to you! I woke up starving this morning but not sore! I quickly made myself some Oat Bran with Apple and Sultanas and devoured it with my cuppa. I got a bit of washing done before picking up a skinny cap and latte from Tarts for Rosie and I and meeting them in Northbridge. I got Eva a tiny mini cupcake!

How cute! And the perfect size for a kid too. After our coffees we promptly hit up Hinz in Northbridge for Dim Sum. As you know I feasted on Dim Sum last weekend but I’m one of those people who could probably eat it every day and not get sick of it! I just love me some steamed prawn dumplings . We ordered buns to start. 

Then prawn and pork dumplings.

Then prawn dumplings.  

Then veggies in oyster sauce.

The prawn flour rolls. 

Then squid.

And then we called it a day as we were both stuffed! We sipped on Chinese tea throughout.

Once we were done with our lunch we went to the Barbie exhibition at the WA Art Gallery which I’m sad to say was a bit of a let down . Turns out it was just an exhibition of 1 collector’s collection of dolls from over the years. We thought it was going to be a whole room full of dolls but it was just a single wall. I guess when you think about it it is pretty amazing that 1 person has this many dolls! They also had some fun stuff on for the kids like face painting, paper doll making and a parade that all the kids could join in with and win prizes. Eva and I joined in and she loved skipping around to the music.

Here are some of the dolls

Rosie and I thought the older Barbies had kinda weird faces! It was pretty funny and some of the outfits were crazy.

At the shop they were selling reproductions of Malibu Barbie from 1971

She’s so tanned! Looking good for 50 Barbie.

The girls promptly fell asleep after all that fun and that gave Rosie and I some time to stroll through Myer and David Jones. There were so many sales! It was awesome! We were both looking for bathing suits but didn’t really find much we liked. I was very very well behaved and just picked up a long sleeve T from Witchery for $10! Once the girls woke up and got restless we sat down for another coffee. I had my usual.

Eva had a cookie

which I tried and which was actually quite nice, considering I don’t really like them. Give me dried fruit or chocolate any day!

Rosie had an unpictured skinny latte and a Barbie cupcake!

This thing was honestly the size of a brussel sprout! Tiny, and so cute. Eva had a baby cino which ended up on the table . 

Then we went home cause the girls were wiped out, and so were Rosie and I to be honest. We are old nanna’s really. And I don’t even have kids, ha ha.

I had it in my head that I would make a nice bean chilli for dinner so picked up some capsicums and salsa from the shops, only to find when I got home that I don’t have any kidney beans…

So now I need to think of something else to have… I did buy a 3kg bad of tiny Navel oranges for $4.99 so you’ll be seeing a lot of them this week.

I ate one for my afternoon snack.  

Super sweet – perfect!

Now I’m snacking on another glass of Lenton Brae SSB and some pistachios and contemplating dinner.  

 

Catch you later on.  Did you like Barbies when your were a kid? I don’t think I did really. I remember our cousin Danni had so many though and we were always pretty jealous of her collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment