Saturday, March 6, 2010

Veggin'

Happy Friday!~

I don’t know about you, but I’m soooo ready to get this weekend started!  My guy and I went on a last minute trip to St. Pete Beach, FL last weekend (I’ll post some more pics in my next post), and while it was absolutely amazing, I didn’t really feel “rested” when Monday morning rolled around again.  Don’t get me wrong though, it was totally worth every second of lost sleep to stay at the fabulous Don Cesar.   <3  I’ve been wanting to stay here since the first time I laid eyes on it.  My beautiful pink Barbie palace.   :D

Since I’ve been a busy bee lately, I decided to lay low and stay in tonight.  I have plans to go out for a friend’s birthday tomorrow night and I need some time to just veg before the work week picks up again!

While browsing the produce section in Wegmans last night, I grabbed up this package of veggies that looked perfect for roasting!

Nevermind that they’re intended for ratatouille.  They look like roasting vegetables to me… or maybe grilling veggies if this wicked winter ever ends!

I just noticed the countries of origin.  Nothing like having produce from USA, Mexico, Peru, and Guatemala all in one package! :|

Moving on… Even though I thought this pack of veggies looked awesome as it was, I also bought containers of grape tomatoes and baby bellas to roast along with them.  Lord knows what countries these guys were from!

Since I wasn’t really feeling the ginger that came in the ratatouille blend, I set it aside to add to my juice tomorrow morning.

A little organic red wine for the cook…       :D

After washing and chopping all the veggies, I tossed them with a little EVOO, minced garlic (two cloves came in the veggie pack), black pepper, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and thyme.

Before:

After roasting at 400* for about 30 min:

I plated about half of the cooked veggies and topped them with crumbled goat cheese.  I also had a toasted wheat hamburger bun with a little butter.

So simple, and so satisfying.

I rarely have desserts in my house because I tend to go overboard, but I did pick up a carton of ice cream at Wegmans last night.  I have a hard time resisting those free coupons!  My flavor of choice was chocolate peanut butter sundae, and it did not disappoint!

Now that I’m happy with a full belly, I’m relaxing and watching a little tv.  I can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be right now than sitting on my comfy couch with my blanket, laptop, and rockstar by my side.   :D

And, of course, let’s not forget that second glass of red wine.   ;-)

In case you were wondering what the coaster says…. I love.

I’ll be back tomorrow with some more St. Pete photos!  I may go into the office tomorrow, but I’m trying to talk myself out of it.   I think I deserve a free weekend.   :-)    Plus, I have plans to go to a winery with some friends for lunch tomorrow, then out for a birthday celebration later in the evening.  I’d hate to miss out on valuable time with my girls over something silly like work. ;)

Goodnight!  Enjoy your weekend!!!

[Via http://thresholdofgreatness.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment