Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sip! 2010 - McMinnville Wine & Food Classic

The experiment in direct marketing continues this weekend; Sip – The 17th Annual McMinnville Wine & Food Classic – will be held at the Evergreen Space Museum, in the heart of Oregon Wine Country.

http://www.macwfc.org/

I’m looking forward to seeing the Spruce Goose again. I used to go to Long Beach for the Formula One and IndyCar races every year and I toured it once. A wooden airplane, my kind of aircraft!

Looking at the event schedule, I see that local pianist Tom Grant is not listed anymore, but Ellen Whyte is playing with a trio on Saturday evening. Tom was scheduled to play on Sunday, something must have happened. I was looking forward to seeing him but Ellen on the line up was a surprise. I have been following Ellen’s bands for a dozen years. She had a fifteen piece big band at the Portland Waterfront Blues Festival this last July and played arrangement from her new CD. It was one of the best performances in the whole week and she also did a duo performance with local tenor sax player Renato Curanto that killed.

It has just started to pour down rain and they are saying that this storm is one of those slow-moving tropical systems that might bring us up to normal rainfall for the year. It hasn’t rained that much so far this year, and I saw on the news that we are only at 87% or normal for the snow pack.  Good thing it’s inside. Now if I can just get all my stuff down there with our being drenched.

[Via http://knottraditionalwoodworks.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment