Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Visit To Supermarket Nirvana- Whole Foods!

So I am in Scottsdale for business, but that was not going to stop me from a side trip to supermarket Nirvana AKA Whole Foods Market.  I know, it’s a supermarket. Fancy, but STILL a supermarket. Please indulge me for a moment here… I am  a transplant from L.A. to a small (very small) town in Arizona. So now when I get a chance to visit a real supermarket it excites me!

The Whole Foods on Scottsdale Road is HUGE! And it has everything: all the great gourmet products, wine, etc. But it also has a wine and tapas bar, olive bar, 3 salad bars, pizza, sushi, sandwiches, coffee bar, gelato and more!  And yes SAMPLES!

I went down every aisle, drooled over every dish and generally stayed in a foodie bliss for two hours!

So, what did I buy? Sushi, prepared salad, fabulous cerignola olives, drunken goat, jarlsberg & mouriber cheese, Phantom wine by Bogle (great, but let it breathe), organic Kalamata olive bread, golden beets to roast, a $20 bottle of olive oil (worth every penny), Thai spiced cashews and olive crackers. While shopping we consumed cafe mochas and an espresso gelato!

When I die, I hope heaven has a Whole Foods like this one…

[Via http://foodwinejunkie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment