Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A little bit of France in the middle of Central

A lovely little suprise how good this place is. No wonder it’s always full (lunch time as far as I know anyway) since it’s opened. Great atmosphere, quality food at a very good price. 3 course set lunch was $98 + 10%. At this price or even higher, you get a lot of crap food in this area where the restaurants look far better than the food they serve. I had the Chicken Caesar Salad to start, it was very nice, the lettuce was crispy and cold, sauce was just right, chicken was tender and juicy, not dry at all. My friend had the Cream Carrot Soup which was thick and creamy and can actually taste the carrot!

For main, we both had the Poached Sole Fillet with Butter Lemon Sauce. The fish was fresh and nicely poached. No excess water like some that I’ve had in other places. The sauce was quite light but tasty considering it’s a butter sauce. Even the side dish of grilled eggplant and zucchini was done perfect.

For Dessert we had the Walnut cheesecake which was to die for even though I’ve never been a walnut person.

All in all, this is a great place to hang out, get fed with great food, and I’m sure their wine list must be good too. I’ll try that next time. Menu changes each week. Be sure to check with the restaurant.



[Via http://sleeepy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment