Sunday, January 24, 2010

Powerbalancing

While in New Zealand I have made a major discovery.

In recent weeks Jo and I have been doing our best to support the New Zealand wine industry. This, along with an occasional dabble in some of the local beers and a few cocktails has led to the occasional hangover.

In addition to the drinking I have have also been getting into the healthy lifestyle and going for a run most days along with a bit of surfing, kayaking and general exercise.  This was soon followed by the inevitable inflammation of my knee as I seem to be the proud owner of a pair of knees that aren’t too fond of exercise and protest by doing convincing impressions of flesh coloured balloons.  This led me to go to an acupuncturist and give it a try as western medicine seemed unable to help with ballooning knees.  I am happy to confirm that acupuncture works and it was all a great success.  I also learnt about other interesting stuff about acupuncture like in China they do open heart surgery using acupuncture as the anaesthetic.

Anyway getting back to my big discovery.  The lady who does the acupuncture also sells these things called Powerbalance bands.  Apparently they vibrate at a frequency that compliments your body and they help with flexibility, strength and balance.  Lots of sports people use them to help in this regard.  My discovery is that as well as all the sports stuff they also help with hangovers.  Since I have been wearing the powerbalance band my hangovers have been very mild.  Luckily I have the control group of Jo to attest that these results are not to do with weak measures or a reduction in drinking capacity.

Usually I would say all this is a load of mumbo jumbo but I have to admit the power balance band really seems to be helping my hangovers.  So all you professional sports people, and more importantly professional drinkers, get out and buy one of these beauties.  They are awesome bro.

[Via http://fromthefar.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment