Saturday, January 2, 2010

Caitlin: Part 9

Caitlin:

We went to France for our honey moon. It was fantastic.

When we arrived we booked into a cosy little guest house right in the middle of town.

We were like two giddy teenagers.

Vespas are awesome. Fact.

Because we could only afford a three day holiday we tried to pack as much in a possible.

First thing we did was drink coffee outside a pretty little café. We needed to refuel while we planned our trip. I had some kind of double chocolate frappucino thing and I swear was ready to climb mountains! What did they put in those things?

Here’s me running to the museum like a loon.

Isn’t it just magnificent?

I was in awe of some of the works on display.

Others…not so much.

If we could afford it, our living room would look like this:

After I’d had my fill of art, I headed back to the guest house. Ben had gotten a little bored and had left earlier. He was waiting there for me when I got back. We strolled through town hand in hand before heading to the little café we loved for dinner.

We sampled the local delicacies. I’m sorry but frog legs are just awful. I could barely keep mine down, Ben found it hilarious. He wolfed down his. Ew.

After our…interesting dinner I surprised Ben with a late night trip to the local nectary.

Ben was in his element, he made a beeline for the grapes and began harvesting and watering to his hearts content. I loved seeing him so happy

I kept myself happy by browsing the nectar racks. So many different nectars and only one Caitlin…yum.

Then an idea struck me. We were always talking about setting up a little crop garden and selling our produce. Why not set up our own nectary too? I enquired with the sales assistant and she had a nectar machine available for sale.

It was a lot cheaper than I expected but it would take a huge chunk out of our savings. What to do? I caught sight of Ben through the shop window.

He looked so content and peaceful out there. I knew I was making the right decision. The Vaughan Nectary would soon be a reality! I paid the assistant and she assured us we’d have it within a few days. I told Ben I wanted to check out the local book store and to take his time at the nectary. We’d meet later at the guest house.

I drove to the book store which was small, but well stocked and bought a few art books for me and a few books on nectar making for Ben. No point buying the machine and not being able to use it!

Then I headed home to prepare his next surprise…

Benjamin:

I’d had such a fantastic time at the nectary I decided to treat Caitlin to the best bottle of nectar they had. The drive back was so peaceful, the countryside was beautiful in the moonlight. I wish me and Caitlin could stay here forever and never have to go back the mess I knew awaited us.

I got back to the guest house and all was quiet. I headed up to our room. I hoped Caitlin was still awake. Then I opened the door and forgot how to function. I had the best wife ever. Fact.

It was a good thing we’d gotten so much done in the first day.

Because I had no plans to leave this room for the rest of the trip.

[Via http://serithrei.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment