Thursday, January 7, 2010

Craving #1

Tonight, I chatted to my Dad.  He’s in the Bahama’s relaxing and enjoying himself.  He isn’t drinking but hearing about the fun he’s having made me want to drink.  I started craving Scotch or some cocktail.  I ignored it.  I came home and worked out hard for 25 minutes instead.  Now my muscles are tired and shaky.  It’s a good thing.  I’m going to have a light salad for dinner, take a shower, and settle into a book or audio book in bed.

I’ve decided to blog about my alcohol cravings and to address the things, people, situations, or feelings that are triggering my desire to drink.  I am numbering them as an experiment and to hopefully help whoever reads this blog know they aren’t the only ones feeling a strong desire to drink.   The experiment will be to see how often I crave alcohol and if the cravings diminish over time. We’ll see what happens.

Tonight, I managed to overcome the cravings with this blog, exercise, and because of my (silly) desire to keep my “Days Sober” list going.  I want to create some amazing awards for myself as the list grows.

Strength in your sobriety,

me

[Via http://nobottle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment