Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WINE & TY

As an inexperienced wine drinker, I have quite the problem on my hands: I can’t stop buying wine. Like…lots of wine. It started with ordering bottles based on the trendy packaging (I know, I know…a big slap on the wrist from any wine connoisseur). But c’mon, you gotta ’go with what you know’ and I KNOW trendy packaging when I see it;) Ever since jumping on the WineLibrary.com bandwagon (see post) I have been shamefully ordering many bottles of the juicy stuff. SO folks, I have decided to bust out my wine dictionary and begin adding wine reviews using my crazy/quirky palate. Please do not be offended if I describe a Pinot as tasting like Beyonce’s rehearsal shoes. Thanks!

To get us started, I thought I would pick a grape that I know little about but find myself ordering all too frequently: MALBEC. And to be more specific, Argentinian Malbec from the Mendoza region. Todays pick:

Label: 2006 Tierra Divina Old Vine Malbec Valle de Uco

Price: $14

Color: deep ruby

Smells Like: bright citrus, jammy, berry

Tasting Notes: rhubarb, light bodied, full flavored. fruity but not gay – much like Jason Mraz. so..a metrosexual wine.

Best song to pair it with: “Lucky” by Jason Mraz

Lucky Jason Mraz (on tour) We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. (2009)

[Via http://designandty.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment