Thursday, February 4, 2010

Adios Spain! Hello Nevis!

Adios Spain! Hello Nevis!

Well my dream honeymoon of roaming around Spain in search for exquisite wine, tasty tapas and bullfighting is yet another victim of the bad economy. If I was working right now we could have pulled off the ultimate Spanish vacation but… I’m still looking.

The airfare alone was $1,400 per person and with only one income for the time being it didn’t make sense to go there.

So Elizabeth decided the next best thing would be the island of Nevis in the Caribbean. The honeymoon will still be fun and I have never been to the islands that were once inhabited by pirates, ARGH Matey!

We used my miles so my flight was free but Elizabeth had to pay to get some miles, it was still a lot cheaper than the flight to Barcelona.

I am a little worried about going during Hurricane season but everything I read says that most of the storms do not occur until later in the season.

Oh well… I guess I’ll try to go sometime next year, I’ll try and make it to a futbol game while there and catch a bullfight as well.

Now its time to find a place to stay. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

[Via http://adventuresdowntheaisle.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment