Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update from taste cookies...

February has been a busy month here at taste cookies.  The double chocolate, espresso brownie has been a HUGE hit!  Lots of orders for Valentines Day.

Last week I was involved in a great event- Wine and Chocolate- at Hudson Terrace.  This was an event where chocolate and wine were the main focus.  I took along my triple chocolate chip with pecans; old fashioned chocolate chip; white chocolate macadamia nut with dried cherries; chocolate with dried cherries and my double chocolate espresso brownie with and without walnuts.  I gave away around 1,000 samples.  People seemed to love taste cookies!  The favorites of the night were the old fashioned chocolate chip and the double chocolate espresso brownie.  The triple chocolate chip with pecans was a close third (it is my favorite too).  I must say, it was a great night.  I want to thank Cari at Discosushi for inviting me to be a part of the night.  I look forward to working with Cari and her team again.

Next week I am going to be involved with The Bailey House ( www.baileyhouse.org/auction ) Benefit Auction.  This is a great cause and I am very excited to be invited to be a part of this event.  I will be providing around 1000 cookies for dessert for the auction attendees.  Tickets are still available if you are interested in supporting this organization.

At the end of March, taste cookies will be providing cookies for the Wine and Wishes Benefit Auction which serves the Make a Wish Foundation                        ( www.metrony.wish.org/ ).  This is an amazing organization and I am honored to be involved with this event.

Then in May, taste cookies has signed on to take part in New Taste of the Upper West Side.  This should be a fantastic weekend of events.  taste cookies will be at the Divine Desserts portion on Friday May 21st from 9pm-midnight.  I am very excited to be able to be involved with this event.  As a 12 year resident of the Upper West Side, this event is very important to me.  Tickets are on sale now at ( www.newtasteuws.com ).

Another event in May that taste cookies will be supporting is the West Side YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.  Each year the tendercare program of the UWS branch hosts a Touch a Truck fundraiser.  This is a great event for the whole family.  West 64th street between Broadway and CPW is closed off and teh street is transformed into a street fair.  Last year there was an ambulance, mail truck, garbage truck, ConEd truck, live music by Hot Peas and Butter, a bouncy house and lots of food.  This is a great event and a great cause.  taste cookies will be set up selling cookies with the proceeds going directly to the Strong Kids fund.  As soon as I know the exact date I will post it here.

I need to sign off for now.  My kids are out of school this week on winter break and I need to go get them ready for swimming class.  After that, it’s back to the kitchen I go.  trying out a few new recipes this week- looking for the March cookie of the month!

[Via http://tastecookies.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment