Sunday, February 14, 2010

Goal Update: Week 6

The end of Week 6 of 12 in my goal to find a job has come to a close, celebrated by my least favorite holiday… Valentine’s Day.  While things have been looking up for quite some time now in my love life, thanks to Miss Fancy Boots, my employment life is also starting to take shape albeit slowly.

Tomorrow I have an interview with Currituck County Emergency Management for a position as an EM Program Assistant.  I’m excited to see what opportunities come out of the interview since there was not much information provided in the position listing, including a salary figure!  The location is pretty sweet in terms of proximity to the beach but not so much in terms of proximity to friends.  The closest friends would be Miss Sassy Pants (the original who I highly recommend) in Raleigh– but only for another 5 months, Sir Sailor up in Norfolk, and Frenchy (akaClassy) in VA Beach.  Neither of those locations are really within “go out for the night” driving distance, in fact their more like “spend the weekend visiting” distance.  This really puts a big ole fat negative on the list of pros/cons for this particular job.  So like I said, we’ll see what comes out of the interview tomorrow morning and I’ll keep you updated.  By the way… anyone else find it a bit ridiculous I’m interviewing with a local government on a Federal holiday?

In other news I’m looking forward to staying with Park Ranger in his sweet new condo for my interview on the 27th in DC with Fund for the Public Interest.  This is an opportunity I’m really excited about so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Bring on the vino!  Check out this bottle from one of my new favorite wineries Oveja Negra (Black Sheep) who puts a unique spin on a white blend combining Sauvignon Blanc and Carmenere (yes that’s a red grape).  So how do they keep the wine “white” if there’s a “red” grape in it?  Well my friends they simply avoid skin contact with the Carmenere to avoid tinging the wine with the red color.  This is an interesting and exciting blend I highly recommend.

Until next time, cheers!

[Via http://coastalwind.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment